September 28th, 2006 by rusvw
T13, no. 7
|Thirteen song lyrics I wish I had written:
1. True Believer that I am, I am blind. Lead me on, lead me on. Blessed Receiver of your love, I own my own time and I've been holding on, holding on. Leave the word unspoken and the spell wiil be broken. ~James Taylor, "I Will Follow"
2. Sunshine Daydream. Walk you the tall trees, Going where the wind goes, Blooming like a red rose. Breathing more freely, Light out singing. I'll walk you inthe morning sunshine. Sunshine Daydream. Walk you in the sunshine. ~Grateful Dead, "Sugar Magnolias"
3. I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping, While my guitar gently weeps. I don't know why nobody told you how to unfold your love. I don't know how someone controlled you. They bought and sold you. ~Beatles, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
4. Maybe somewhere in the southern hemisphere there could be room for all this love, where they've saved a place for innocence. ~Shawn Colvin, "Orion in the Sky"
5. And there's always retrospect (when you're looking back) to light a clearer path. Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good laugh. You start at the top, go full circle round, catch a breeze, take a spill, but ending up where I started again makes me wanna stand still. ~Indigo Girls, "Watershed"
6. Queen of light took her bow, and then she turned to go. The prince of peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone. ~Led Zeppelin, "The Battle of Evermore"
7. And I could easily fall from grace, then another would take my place for the chance to behold your face. As the days of my life are but grains of sand, as they fall from your open hand, at the call of the wind's command. Many words are spoken when there's nothing to say. They fall upon the ears of those who don't know the way. To read between the lines, that lead lead between the lines, that lead me to you. ~Alan Parsons Project, "The Eagle Will Rise Again"
8. The ice is thin come on dive in, underneath my lucid skin. The cold is lost, forgotten. Hours pass days pass time stands still; light gets dark and darkness fills my secret heart forbidden. . . ~Sarah Mclachlan, "Ice"
9. Me, my thoughts are flower strewn. Ocean storm, bayberry moon. I have got to leave to find my way. ~REM, "Find the River"
10. One part of me just wants to tell you everything; one part just needs the quiet. And if I'm lonely here, I'm lonely here. . . .How can I hold the part of me that only you can carry? ~Toad, "I will not take these things for granted"
11. I dream of rain. I dream of gardens in the desert sand. I wake in vain. I dream of love as time runs through my hand. ~Sting, "Desert Rose"
12. An old fairytale told me the simple heart will be prized again; a toad will be our king, and ugly ogres our heroes. ~Keane, "The Frog Prince"
13. Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru; In llama land, there's a one-man band, and he'll toot his flute for you. Come fly with me, we'll float down in the blue. . . . ~Frank Sinatra, "Come fly with me"
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants